Sheet pan vegetables are a staple for me. I love how easy and delicious they are, but I can also get tired of them. I wanted to mix things up with a vegetarian sheet pan meal by adding some surprising flavors to my vegetables, and by pairing them with homemade gnocchi – something I have never made before!
This recipe features Arizona Olive Oil’s 18-year aged balsamic vinegar and garlic habanero while balsamic vinegar. Both vinegars pack a distinct flavor punch, with sweet undertones. They make the perfect pair for an Italian inspired dinner like this one.
I was admittedly nervous to try making gnocchi for the first time. I found a recipe that looked easy enough from Delallo, and I definitely didn’t nail it, but I also didn’t have a complete #pinterestfail either, so that’s a win for me! My gnocchi turned out more dense than other store bought or restaurant made gnocchi I had in the past, which is likely due to my poor measuring skills (i.e. I rarely measure anything when I am cooking!), but they were still good and very filling!
This meal was delicious, flavorful, and fun to put together. I hope you enjoy it. Let’s get cooking!
Sheet Pan Vegetables
¾ bag of mini bell peppers, sliced into ¼ inch rings
1 medium red onion, cut into ½ inch strips
1 large zucchini, quartered and diced into ½ inch pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic habanero while balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp garlic – either freshly diced or refrigerated variety
1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbsp freshly chopped basil
1 cup shredded parmesan
Healthy drizzle of 18-year aged balsamic vinegar
Healthy drizzle of olive oil
Additional salt & pepper to taste
Follow Delallo instructions.
Sheet Pan Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper
- Wash all vegetables
- Dice bell peppers, onion, and zucchini
- Arrange peppers, onion, zucchini, and tomatoes onto lined sheet pan
- Pour olive oil, habanero garlic balsamic, garlic, rosemary, and salt & pepper on top of vegetables
- Toss vegetables with your hands to make sure they are evenly coated
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Arrange cooked gnocchi into a large, shallow dish
- Drizzle with olive oil and add salt & pepper to taste
- Toss the gnocchi
- Sprinkle basil over the top and apply a healthy drizzle of 18-year aged balsamic vinegar
- Pour vegetables over the top of the gnocchi – make sure to get all the juices, oil, and seasonings from the pan!
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Serve & enjoy!